Clarity Counseling Center offers outpatient counseling services for relationship and marriage problems, depression, stress, codependancy issues, ACOA issues, , anxiety, drug/alcohol problems, sexual addiction, trauma and abuse resolution, boundaries, and other mental health and addiction issues. It is a safe, supportive environment where clients can address areas of concern. While working on their presenting problems, many clients discover co-occurring disorders, repetitive self-defeating behavioral patterns, life skills deficits, or family of origin issues. All of these problem areas have an impact on their quality of life and compromise their ability to form or maintain healthy relationships with family, friends, and/or significant others.
- Individual and group therapy for men, women and couples
- Marriage and couples counseling
- Sexual addiction treatment programs
- Therapy for the spouse, partner, or significant other in a relationship with an addict
- Comprehensive psychosocial, drug/alcohol, and psychosexual evaluations and recommendations
- Marital and Couples counseling specifically for sexual addiction recovery helps the process of healing from the pain brought on by the betrayal and mistrust. Shame is carried as a result of the addiction and the behavior. Couples learn to talk about feelings, work through disclosure, address forgiveness and learn about healthy relating and development or emotional and sexual intimacy.
- Groups for Sexual Compulsive - behavior focus on shame reduction, increasing in education and knowledge of behaviors, working on issues inlacing honesty and accountability, healthy sexuality, coping skills, communication, and healing trauma. This aids in developing intimacy and the group becomes a fellowship of support. This group meets Thursday evenings. Please call for details intake and screening required.
- Groups for Partners of Sexual compulsives - this is a supportive environment where discussions and help are shared with others experiencing the same issues.The goal is to reduce stigma and shame that comes with this addiction and educate the nature of the addiction , empower partners in their relationship, understand and share feelings. We have 2 groups that meet twice a month.,every other Monday afternoon 1-2:30. Or, every other Thursday from 1-2:30. Please call for details intake and screening required.
- Assessment (additional fees apply for testing, and typed reports) - a comprehensive 2 hour assessment is offered for those seeking a working diagnosis, and recommendations for treatment and treatment planning. This includes focus on clients current situation, crisis, problems which bring them to treatment,. collection of information about family of origin, relational history, and SDI Sexual Dependency Inventory may be a part of this process.
- Intensives (intensive psychotherapy) are customized therapeutic experiences for situations that need resolution and movement. Intensives are for individuals, couples, families, and or siblings that want to move through an impasse. Sometimes this is working through the pain of a betrayal, or the memory of childhood trauma, or solidifying new healthy behaviors in a family system. When working with clients weekly is more injurious than helpful, an intensive allows for the healing to take place deeply and over the days that are scheduled.Intensives Psychotherapy appointments usually span 1 to 4 days and are scheduled by appointment. In that amount of time, participants are able to access an emotional depth that helps them move through an event. They are also able to acquire and utilize tools in an emotionally safe environment.Intensive Psychotherapy requires an extensive intake process.
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) is a psychotherapy developed by Francine Shapiro. Shapiro identified disturbing and unresolved feelings and memories as the cause of chronic psychological distress in individuals that have experienced traumatizing, life-altering events, which often result in Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. When a traumatic or distressing experience occurs, it may overwhelm normal coping mechanisms. The memory and associated stimuli are inadequately processed and stored in an isolated memory network. The unprocessed emotions, therefore, continue to re-emerge resulting in a chronic state of distress; or a continual “reliving” of the disturbing event along with the intensity of emotion originally experienced.The goal of EMDR is to reduce the long-lasting effects of distressing memories by engaging the brain’s natural adaptive information processing mechanisms, thereby relieving present symptoms. EMDR is endorsed by the National Institute of Health as the most effective psychotherapeutic technique for resolving the symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Women's Love Addiction Therapy Group:Love addiction comes in many forms. Some love addicts cannot get over unavailable people. Some love addicts obsess when they fall in love and get addicted to the high feelings of romance. Others cannot let go of a unhealthy relationship even if they are unhappy, depressed, lonely, neglected or in danger. Some love addicts are codependent and others are narcissistic. Some love addicts use sex to manage feelings; others are sexually anorexic. The common factor is that they are powerless over distorted thoughts, feelings and behavior when it comes to love, fantasies and relationships. If needs for nurturing and support were not met growing up love addicts look at relationships to fill those needs.This affects self esteem.Love addicts become inauthentic and often medicate pain by obsessing about a relationship or person because they need other peoples love to be ok. Love Addicts do not see the real person they are infatuated with,but instead assign magical qualities to them. This group will focus of the origins of love addiction and works to restore true worth ,healthy validation ,and support from others experiencing the same painful relationships.You will learn tools to work through these issues and help create a healthy plan to move forward in safe place to be real.
Please call for information: 407 359-7176
Screening is required.
Fees for services at Clarity Counseling Center are due when services are rendered. Payment may be made by cash, check, MasterCard or Visa.
|Individual Counseling Sessions, 50 minutes||$150|
|Individual Counseling Sessions, 85 minutes||$225|
|Group Counseling Sessions||$60|
|2 Hour Assessment (starting at)||$320|
|Phone Calls, each 15-minute increment||$40|
|Evening Appointments, per 50-minute session||$190|
|Weekend Appointments, per hour, 2 hour minimum||$190|
Intensive fees vary, depending on the length/inclusions of the Intensive
Cancellation Policy: Appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours notice, or missed appointments will be billed at full fee.
Cancellations for Intensives;
If you choose to commit to coming I request a 50% deposit. The reason for this is I will be blocking my schedule those days especially for you.
Should there be a cancellation, there will be a 25% fee. Less than a week cancellation, a 50% fee.
Clarity Counseling Center does not t accept insurance assignments and does not file insurance claims. Fees are due to Clarity Counseling Center/Abbe Barclay at the time services are rendered.