Clarity Counseling Center offers outpatient AND tele-health ( Zoom,Phone or FaceTime) counseling services including relationship and marriage problems, depression, stress, codependency issues, ACOA issues, anxiety, drug/alcohol problems, sexual addiction, love addiction, healing trauma, and other mental health and addiction issues. We work hard to provide a safe, supportive environment where clients can address areas of concern. While working on their presenting problems, many clients discover other issues such as repetitive self-defeating behavioral patterns, life skills deficits, or family of origin issues which can impact or compromise the ability to form or maintain healthy relationships.
- Individual and group therapy for men, women and couples
- Marriage and couples counseling
- Sexual addiction treatment programs
- Therapy for the spouse, partner, or significant other in a relationship with an addict
- Marital and Couples counseling (general)
- Marital and Couples (specifically for sexual addiction) This specialized recovery treatment helps the process of healing from the pain brought on by the betrayal and mistrust. Shame and anger s carried as a result of the addiction and the behavior. Couples learn to talk about feelings, work through disclosure, address forgiveness and learn about healthy relating and development or emotional and sexual intimacy.
- Groups for Sexual Compulsive - This is an on-going group for men in recovery from sexual or pornography addiction.This group focuses on tools to sustain recovery, identifying behaviors that give power to the compulsive behavior, identifying situations, trauma, and patterns that undermine recovery and that have been feeding/driving the addiction, develop empathy for those damaged by the behavior. We work on shame reduction, honesty and accountability, healthy sexuality, coping skills, communication, and healing trauma. This aids in developing intimacy and the group becomes a fellowship of support. Many men have found they are in a trap of sexual compulsivity and have experienced great pain. This educational, support, and therapy group meets Thursday evenings or on Tuesday afternoons at noon. Please call for details intake and screening required.
- Groups for Partners of Sexual compulsives - this is a supportive environment where discussions and help are shared with others experiencing the same issues.The goal is to reduce stigma and shame that comes with this addiction and educate the nature of the addiction , empower partners in their relationship, understand and share feelings. We have 2 groups that meet twice a month., 12-1:30 on Monday Please call for details intake and screening required.
- Assessment (additional fees apply for testing) - a comprehensive 2 hour assessment is offered for those seeking a working diagnosis, and recommendations for treatment and treatment planning. This includes focus on clients current situation, crisis, problems which bring them to treatment,. collection of information about family of origin, relational history, and SDI Sexual Dependency Inventory may be a part of this process.
- Intensives (intensive psychotherapy) are customized therapeutic experiences for situations that need resolution and movement. Intensives are for individuals, couples, families, and or siblings that want to move through an impasse. Sometimes this is working through the pain of a betrayal, or the memory of childhood trauma, or solidifying new healthy behaviors in a family system. When working with clients weekly is more injurious than helpful, an intensive allows for the healing to take place deeply and over the days that are scheduled.Intensives Psychotherapy appointments usually span 1 to 4 days and are scheduled by appointment. In that amount of time, participants are able to access an emotional depth that helps them move through an event. They are also able to acquire and utilize tools in an emotionally safe environment.Intensive Psychotherapy requires an extensive intake process. Equine therapy is a optional component of our intensives,
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) is a psychotherapy developed by Francine Shapiro. Shapiro identified disturbing and unresolved feelings and memories as the cause of chronic psychological distress in individuals that have experienced traumatizing, life-altering events, which often result in Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. When a traumatic or distressing experience occurs, it may overwhelm normal coping mechanisms. The memory and associated stimuli are inadequately processed and stored in an isolated memory network. The unprocessed emotions, therefore, continue to re-emerge resulting in a chronic state of distress; or a continual “reliving” of the disturbing event along with the intensity of emotion originally experienced.The goal of EMDR is to reduce the long-lasting effects of distressing memories by engaging the brain’s natural adaptive information processing mechanisms, thereby relieving present symptoms. EMDR is endorsed by the National Institute of Health as the most effective psychotherapeutic technique for resolving the symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Women's Love Addiction Therapy Group:
Love addiction comes in many forms. Some love addicts cannot get over unavailable people. Some love addicts obsess when they fall in love and get addicted to the high feelings of romance. Others cannot let go of a unhealthy relationship even if they are unhappy, depressed, lonely, neglected or in danger. Some love addicts are codependent and others are narcissistic. Some love addicts use sex to manage feelings; others are sexually anorexic. The common factor is that they are powerless over distorted thoughts, feelings and behavior when it comes to love, fantasies and relationships. If needs for nurturing and support were not met growing up love addicts look at relationships to fill those needs.This affects self esteem.Love addicts become inauthentic and often medicate pain by obsessing about a relationship or person because they need other peoples love to be ok. Love Addicts do not see the real person they are infatuated with,but instead assign magical qualities to them. This group will focus of the origins of love addiction and works to restore true worth ,healthy validation ,and support from others experiencing the same painful relationships.You will learn tools to work through these issues and help create a healthy plan to move forward in safe place to be real.
Please call for information: 407 359-7176
Screening is required.
Business hours are 10 am - 6 pm, unless otherwise arranged.
Before starting group counseling, clients must be seen for at least one individual counseling session to determine if the group is appropriate for the client’s needs. If group is deemed appropriate it is important to understand group is a commitment and regular attendance is crucial to the group process and cohesiveness.
During non-business hours, messages can be left on the office answering machine. 407 359-7176. Messages will be responded to as soon as possible during regular business hours, sometimes ,please understand, I am in session all day and calls will be returned at the end of the day. In emergency situations, call 911.
Email contact and text messaging with Abbe Barclay MSW is to be used for information and scheduling communication purposes only. Email is not intended to be used for therapy, or for an emergency contact.
Fees for services at Clarity Counseling Center are due when services are rendered. Payment may be made by cash, check, MasterCard or Visa.
Cancellation Policy: Appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours notice, or missed appointments will be billed at full fee.
Cancellations for Intensives;
A 50% deposit is requested due to the need for blocking my schedule for your needs. Should there be a cancellation, a 25% fee will be withheld and with less than one week’s notice, the full fee is forfeited.
Should there be a cancellation, there will be a 25% fee. Less than a week cancellation, a 50% fee.
Intensive fees vary, depending on the length/inclusions of the Intensive
Clarity Counseling Center does not accept insurance assignments and does not file insurance claims. Fees are due to Clarity Counseling Center/Abbe Barclay at the time services are rendered.